General Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to contracts for the rental of hotel rooms for accommodation purposes as well as for other hotel services (hotel accommodation contract).
- The subletting or re-letting of the provided rooms as well as their use for purposes other than for accommodation purposes require the prior written consent of the hotel.
- Terms and conditions of a guest only apply if this has beforehand been expressly agreed in writing.
CONCLUSION OF AN AGREEMENT, CONTRACT PARTNERS, STATUE OF CONTRACT LIMITATION
- The hotel can, at its own discretion, confirm the room reservation in writing.
- Contractual partners are the hotel and the guest. If a third party has made the booking fort he guest, these are liable to the hotel together with the guest as joint debtor.
- All claims against the hotel generally expire one year from the start of the statutory limitation period. Compensation claims time-barred after five years. The reduction of the limitation period does not apply to claims for intentional or grossly negligent breaches of duty by the hotel.
SERVICES, PRICES, PAYMENT, COMPENSATION
- The hotel has the duty to keep the rooms available the guest booked and to provide the agreed services.
- The guest has the duty to pay for the rented room and any services they made use of at current hotel prices. This also applies to services ordered by the guest and expenses of the hotel to third parties. The agreed prices include the respective statutory value added tax.
- The hotel may, at its own discretion, make its consent to a subsequent reduction in the number of booked rooms, the hotel's services or the length of stay of the guest depending on a price increase of the rooms and/or other services of the hotel.
- Invoices of the hotel are payable immediately, from receipt of the invoice, without deduction. In case of late payment, the hotel is entitled to add a lump sum (late fees, handling fee) of 25 Euro.
- The hotel is entitled to ask for an advance payment or security deposit from the guest upon conclusion of the contract.
- In justified cases, e. g. payment arrears of the guest, the hotel is entitled to refuse further services.
- The guest can only set off or charge against a claim of the hotel with an undisputed or legally enforceable claim.
WITHDRAWAL OF THE GUEST (CANCELLATION, ANNULATION AND NO-SHOW)
- A withdrawal of the guest from the contract concluded with the hotel requires the written consent of the hotel. Without this, the agreed price from the contract is payable even if the guest does not use contractual services.
- Insofar as a deadline for free cancellation of the contract in text form has been agreed between the hotel and the guest, the guest can by then withdraw from the contract without triggering payment or damage claims of the hotel. The guest's right of withdrawal expires if they do not exercise their right to withdraw from the hotel contract in writing before the agreed deadline.
- In case of rooms not used by the guest, the hotel shall charge the income from other rental of these rooms. If the rooms are not otherwise rented, the hotel may charge 100% of the contractually agreed fee. The arrival times are daily between 14:00 and 20:00 h CET. The hotel is not obligated to keep the rooms free after 20:00 h CET.
- A right of withdrawal from the contract concluded with the hotel expires after 18:00 h CET on the contractually arranged day of arrival. Note: According to Directive 2011/83/EU of the European Parliament, Article 16, the 14-day right of withdrawal does not apply to hotel bookings. The cancellation policy of the hotel applies.
CANCELLATION BY THE HOTEL
- If it has been agreed in writing that the guest can withdraw from the contract free of charge within a certain period of time, the hotel shall also be entitled to withdraw from the contract during this period (e. g. non-compliance with the contractually agreed advance payment).
- In the case of justified cancellation of the hotel, the guest cannot claim any damages.
PROVISION OF ROOMS – HANDOVER AND RETURN OF ROOMS
- The guest acquires no claim to the provision of certain rooms, unless this has been expressly agreed in writing.
- Booked rooms are available to the guest from 14:00 h CET on the agreed arrival day. The guest has no entitlement to an earlier availability. The guest also has no right to provision after 20:00 h CET on the day of arrival.
- On the agreed departure day, hotel rooms must be vacated no later than 11:00 h CET. Thereafter, the hotel may charge 50% of the full room rate (list price) due to the delayed eviction of the room for its contractual use until 14:00 h CET, then 100%.
- This is a non-smoking hotel. Smoking in the room will incur a cleaning fee of 50 Euro. If the room cannot be re-rented the next day due to strong odours from the smoke, an additional night will be charged according to the list price.
- All rooms and guest rooms are connected to a fire alarm panel via smoke detectors. In the event of a fire alarm due to fault of the guest, all costs incurred in direct connection with it, e. g. the use of the fire brigade or the subsequent costs to restore the operating condition, are to be borne solely by the guest.
- Smoking is permitted in the outdoor areas (including the balconies) of the hotel.
- Pets in are not permitted in the hotel area. An infringement might incur a fee of 100 Euro, and the guest might be banned from the premise.
- Dogs are allowed in the restaurant area and on the terrace.
LIABILITY OF THE HOTEL
- The hotel is liable for its obligations under the contract. Guest claims for compensation are excluded. This does not apply to damage resulting from injury to life, limb or health if the hotel is responsible for the breach of duty, other damages based on intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by the hotel and damages due to intentional or negligent breach of contractually typical duties of the hotel. In the event of disruptions or defects in the services of the hotel, the hotel will make every effort to remedy this with knowledge or immediate notification of the guest. The guest is obliged to contribute to what is reasonable for him to remedy the disturbance and to minimize possible damage.
- For things brought in, the hotel is liable to the guest in accordance with the statutory provisions. According to this, the liability is limited to one hundred times the room price, but not more than 3,500 Euro, and deviating for money, securities and valuables to a maximum of 800 Euro.
- Insofar as the guest is provided with a parking space in the hotel car park, no custody agreement is concluded. In case of loss or damage on the hotel grounds parked or shunted motor vehicles, trailers, motorcycles, bicycles or trailers and their contents, the hotel is not liable, except in case of intent or gross negligence.
- Amendments and additions to the contract or these terms and conditions should be made in writing. Unilateral changes or additions by the guest are invalid.
- Place of fulfillment and payment is the location of the hotel.
- German law applies. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) and conflict of laws or the like is excluded.
- Should individual provisions of these general terms and conditions be or become invalid or void, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. In addition, the statutory provisions apply.
- This is a translation of the original German terms and conditions. The German terms and conditions shall prevail. No liability is accepted for translation errors.